This dog had a brain tumor, but lived long enough to see his mistress to marry

We all want to live long enough to see our favorite person to join your life to a faithful companion. Charlie Bear, a black Labrador 15 years old lived to tell the tale, although he had a tumor in the brain. The story is touching.

Kelly O’Connell met Charlie Bear when he was just a puppy 12 weeks. The puppy had been abandoned in a shopping cart in a store and was taken to a shelter where O’Connell was working while preparing to become a veterinarian. It was love at first sight.

Photos of the bride and his friend Charlie.

“Actually I was not looking for a puppy. I was 19 and still living with my parents, went to school and was the worst moment of my life to have a dog. “

But there are times when you choose and others in which life chooses for you …

“He came in and I said, ‘Yeah, I’ll take you home.'”

The bride smiling at her dog Charlie.

Charlie became his best friend

Puppy photos during the wedding.

They grew up together and shared many things, even they moved from New York to Colorado.In 2010 O’Connell met an aspiring veterinarian James Garvin, fell in love and moved in with him and his two sons.

“Charlie had what he wanted, but knew he could not offer a family. As soon as I met James and his children he knew it was the last thing I could give you a big happy family. “

Charlie Bear was diagnosed with a cancer tumor last April, after he suffered a seizure when they went for a walk. The prognosis was not good.

Link photos with dogs as guests.

Weeks before the wedding, Charlie convulsed at least sometimes seemed to be suffering.O’Connell and her now husband Garvin arranged everything to put it to sleep.

“A week before the wedding seemed fine, had no trouble walking, seemed like new, said its owner. I thought I could get to the wedding. I thought I would have liked to be part of this event. “

Charlie and Garvin were married on September 1 with Charlie Bear as accompanist, besides his five dogs.

Photos bridesmaid carrying the dog.

O’Connell collapsed when Charlie Bear walked beside her to be with him.

“James and I only told him, ‘we made a friend, you did.'”

But Charlie was too tired to come back, so Katie Lloyd, one of the bridesmaids took him in his arms and carried him back. The photographer Jennifer Dziuvenis said everyone began to mourn when the dog was taken back home.

“I heard Katie say, ‘Charlie, I can not leave’. I think he was really happy to be part of this obviously could not understand what was happening, but realized that was his family.

Dog photos way home.

O’Connel said: “I saw in his eyes that resisted until the last moment for me. how happy he was showed in the photos. It literally looked smiling. His body was shutting down, but he was happy. ”

Charlie was put to sleep for a week after a Sept. 9. He died peacefully at home, in front of a fireplace, surrounded by his new family.

Photos of the bride communicating with his friend.

O’Connell said to have Charlie on your wedding and to have pictures to remember it meant everything.