With the change of seasons come the virus and the downs of defenses and the most vulnerable health.
To combat colds and flus first thing we do is take care of our food and improve any of our daily habits.
Although these diseases do not usually have too serious, there are two population groups with increased risk we can not neglect:
- People over 65 with heart problems, kidney, obesity or diabetes.
It is also clear that these by a virus transmitted infectious diseases are highly contagious .
While it is true that with this shake avoid not 100%, it does get a stronger immune system with which to make these diseases faster and with less symptoms process.
Worth it into account for the changing seasons do not take us unawares.
A smaller house and our elderly relatives or health problems will be also very useful.
Fight colds and flus with the best foods
When fighting flu and colds it is common to make use of vitamins or natural remedies such as echinacea . It never hurts more.
However, should belong to the aforementioned risk population, should talk to our doctors about whether to get a preventive vaccine or not.
Also, another strategy that we consider will certainly take care of certain habits:
- Avoid temperature changes.
- Take action when you come in environments where there are many people.
- Maintain proper hygiene (wash your hands frequently) .
- Drink plenty of water.
In addition to these precautions, it is essential that we take care of the type of food we consume.
In our morning milkshake against colds and flus we will include the following ingredients. They are medicinal, rich in vitamins … and delicious!
For starters, you surprised to learn that the Kiwis have more vitamin C than oranges. They are ideal for combating flu and colds.
Another fact that should take account of the Kiwis is his great contribution of polyphenols. These antioxidants have a powerful immunostimulatory activity thatstrengthens our defenses naturally .
What remedy can be more classic than a little honey when treating a cold? In addition to treating also it manages prevent colds and flu, which is important.
- This authentic gift of nature, has an antiviral and antimicrobial effect.
- In addition, the honey reduces inflammation, strengthens the immune system and is incredibly nutritious.
- Something as simple as taking each day one tablespoon of pure honey bees – not adulterated with sugar- help us prevent many diseases.
Almond milk or almond classic drink we all know is rich in vitamin E.
- Also, its natural composition based on calcium, magnesium , potassium, copper, phosphorus and zinc also make it an immunoprotective food.
- Cow’s milk, as we know, does not usually digest well or adequately feel all agencies.
Meanwhile, the almond drink is digestive and a powerful alternative capable of offering adequate benefits.
One thing that many people know is that flax seeds are very effective in raising our defenses .
- They are the richest natural source of omega-3s reduce inflammation, vitamin C and B complex, as well as adequate minerals.
- It would be interesting that we accustomed to taking flax seed powder in our smoothies, yogurt or salads.
- 1 cup almond drink (200 ml)
- 1 kiwi
- 1 tablespoon honey (25g)
- 1 teaspoon flax seed powder (5 g)
First, and as I always comment, we look for organically grown food . The kiwisyellow, for instance, contain more antioxidants than green.
If we buy in health food stores assured that contain all nutrients.
- The first thing we do is peel the kiwi and cut into pieces.
- Later, we will blender our glass of almond milk with kiwi.
It will always be advisable to prepare our own almond drink. However, nothing happens if we include supermarket.
- Bate for a few seconds, then add the generous tablespoon of honey. Get a homogeneous and pour yourself your favorite drink in glass.
- Finally, remember sprinkle over the batter flax seed powder. Thus, you get a healthy, delicious and very effective drink to strengthen our defenses .
This smoothie is great for children and the elderly. In a single glass they get proper nutrients without having to stop chewing the fruit.